NGC GmbH Announces Revised NGC Services and Fees for 2020
Posted on 12/11/2019
NGC International GmbH (NGC GmbH), the German affiliate of Numismatic Guaranty Corporation™ (NGC®), has updated its submission forms, fees and tier requirements for 2020. A full list of changes for NGC submissions to the Munich office is below.
All fees include 19% VAT, if applicable.
NGC Grading Tiers
- Unlimited Value WalkThrough – fee changed to € 300 + 1% Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Express – fee changed to € 90
- Standard – fee changed to € 50
- Value – tier is renamed Economy; fee changed to € 27
- Modern – fee changed to € 23
- Vintage Bulk (mixed types) – new grading tier for € 25 per coin. All vintage coins struck before 1955. Coins may be of different types. Maximum value € 300. One hundred (100)-coin minimum. Special Label fee (if applicable) is included with the Vintage Bulk grading fee. To ensure efficient handling, please do not list more than three countries per submission form. Use additional submission forms as necessary.
- Vintage Bulk (same type) – new grading tier for € 23 per coin. All vintage coins struck before 1955. Coins must be of the same type. Maximum value € 300. One hundred (100)-coin minimum. Special Label fee (if applicable) is included with the Vintage Bulk grading fee.
- Modern Bulk (mixed types) – fee changed to € 21
- Modern Bulk (same type) – fee changed to € 19
NGC Add-On Services
- Early and First Releases – fee changed to Tier + € 12
- NGC Oversize Holder – fee changed to Tier + € 22
- Pedigree – new service for Tier + € 0. For public collections, submit copies of auction lots and plates, sales invoices or other backup of Pedigree. To add a pedigree to coins already encapsulated by NGC, also select an applicable NGC ReHolder service.
- Tokens/Medals – An attribution fee of € 5 per token/medal will be charged if an accurate catalog number or a copy of the issuer's certificate of authenticity (COA) is not provided.
- ReHolder - fee changed to € 12
- High Value ReHolder – fee changed to € 50
- Oversize ReHolder – fee changed to € 22
- High Value Oversize ReHolder – fee changed to € 80
Other NGC Services
- Metallurgic Analysis – new service for € 80 per form. Upon request, NGC performs a composition surface scan. Only coins with non-standard metal composition will have the weight and the three most abundant non-trace metals listed on the certification label. Metallurgic analysis is available for all pattern, essai, trial and mint error coins, tokens and medals.
- Designation Review – Service discontinued. Use the ReGrade service instead.
- High Value Designation Review – Service discontinued. Use the High Value ReGrade service instead.
NGC Imaging Services
- NGC Photo Vision - fee changed to € 9
Reminder that the maximum number of coins per submission form is 50. Use multiple submission forms as needed. For bulk submissions, the minimum number of coins per submission form is 100.
NGC GmbH paid collector members can submit their coins directly to NGC GmbH. Not an NGC GmbH member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join now!
Updated submission forms and price sheets reflecting these changes will be available in January at NGCcoin.de. Paper submission forms can be requested by NGC GmbH by calling +49 (0) 89 550 66 780 or emailing Service@NGCcoin.de. All coins received by NGC GmbH after January 1, 2020, should be accompanied by the new submission form.
Any changes to US fees and forms will be announced separately.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!